Thursday 6 September 2012

Introduction

As my first post I would like to talk about the point of this blog and how I predict it will help me grow as a designer. Before, I explain why I believe this blog will help me. I need to first talk about about my feelings towards this blog for you to understand my prediction. For instance, when I first got this assignment (today) I thought to myself, I am going to do horrible on this assignment I'm not comfortable with having my thoughts and opinion displayed for everyone to see. Especially, my written thoughts. However, the more my teacher explained the assignment to me I stopped seeing it as a doomed project but as a project to help me get comfortable with expressing myself to the world. Considering, I do need to get use to the  fact that not everyone is going to agree or disagree with you. Especially, with graphic design. Some people may love what you did while others could take it or leave it. Which, is another way this blog could help me grow as a graphic designer, giving me thick skin to what the world has to say, about what I myself have to say. Yet, at the same time giving me the courage to actually say what I think when someone asks me for my opinion, instead of sugar coating it or simply lying.
     Not only will this blog help me with my personal issues but it will give me the insight to what I am getting myself into with this career choice. Therefore, hopefully preparing me for the better or worse to come. Along with that thought, it will build on my researching ability to look around me more instead of straight ahead. As well as, on the way inspiring me with my own work and giving me knowledge that maybe my teachers can't give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment