Saturday 19 January 2013

Successful Portrait

This is a portrait of a man I did yesterday for my illustration project. The project is to pick a poem or song and illustrate a book for it. I chose to do a poem about a simple man that has 12 verses(In My Eyes by:Poppy). The poem is very symbolic in the writing so I am going to be illustrating the symbolism in the poem in a simple manner and somewhat messy form to go along with the theme of the poem. The first verse of the poem is "He's rough and lacks in etiquette, Society would say. He has no classy attributes, To help him on his way." Therefore, I drew a stereotypical man that society would classify as someone who is rough and lacks etiquette. By drawing him in a white tank top and a beard with a cigar in his mouth.In the medium of ink and water-colour. Which, makes this portrait successful because given the situation it is going to be placed in and the reason it was drawn makes it successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment