Wednesday 10 October 2012

Maybe a Creative director?


Being in my Second year of Graphic design I am beginning to think about where I would like graphic design to take me. Such as what spectrum I would like to aim for. Since, as most jobs you need to work your way from the bottom to the top. Therefore, today I am looking at job title Creative director.
     The responsibilities of a creative director include leading the communication design, interactive design, and concept forward in any work assigned. For example, this responsibility is often seen in industries related to advertisement. The creative director is known to guide a team of employees with skills and experience related to graphic design, fine arts, motion graphics, and other creative industry fields. Some example works can include visual layout, brainstorming, and copy writing. Before one assumes the role of a creative director, one must have a preset of experience beforehand. Like anyone else, these types of artists start up from the very beginning in fields that can relate to motion graphics, advertisement in television, and/or book (or magazine) publishing. It takes years of experience and professionalism for an artist to grow and eventually take the job as a creative director. If one shows exceptional skills in visual and team leading projects, they may be considered to be promoted to the role. 
     I do like to work with people and I tend to take the lead in situations that involving planning. Considering, my experience with working with school during school. Therefore, I do think this would be a good position for myself to one day sit in. It would also be interesting to work with people in related fields on a particular project. Yet, its only the second month of my second year.. Tones of other opportunities to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment